December 13 Board Meeting Summary
- This meeting was the last meeting for Bill Burlew, who has retired from the EWUA Board after more than 16 years of volunteer service. Bill’s sage wisdom will be missed.
- This meeting was also the first for recently appointed Board member Jim Nelson. In November. Jim was appointed to fill Bill’s vacancy. Jim has a long history of previous EWUA Board service.
- The Board approved a request from member Chris Dahl to expand his Pine St. membership to support a multi-unit development with 4 one-bedroom living units and 2 two-bedroom units.
- The Board approved a new membership request by Nichole Hill for a single family home on Lot 42 in View Haven, with service originating from Marilee Lane.
- On rare occasions, and as a last resort, Eastsound Water has the authority to “terminate” a membership for either extended delinquency of service fees or failure to complete a membership payment plan. The Board voted to postpone any termination action until a review of the Association’s Bylaws is completed this summer.
- The Board authorized website-posting of a staff-written Member Engagement Process Recommendations Study.
- The Board reviewed the current version of Eastsound Water Facility Upgrades Project List which details $2.5M of both necessary improvements to the water system and initiatives directed towards new capacity.
- The Board approved a project proposal to upgrade infrastructure on Pine St, and to explore extending the water main on Rose St. from the Library to Prune Aly. Both the projects eliminate dead-end water mains, improving system performance, fire flow, and water quality. Acting now takes advantage of significant cost-sharing opportunities working with other parties (Library Stormwater, San Juan County Public Works, Opalco, and Rock Island).