Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions asked of EWUA are organized into four easy-access categories. For direct access, click one of the category links below. Click on each question to reveal the answer.
Not finding what you need? Try the search feature at the top right of each web page. Still no luck? Feel free to contact us for a timely response.
Where is EWUA service available?
What is the “fire flow capacity” of your fire hydrants?
Does EWUA have enough capacity?
Does EWUA sell “bulk water”? Can I fill a truck from EWUA?
How do I read my water meter?
How do I hook up to EWUA?
It is best to call EWUA at 360-376-2127 to assist with this process. We will help you with the following process:
- Determine if your property is in the EWUA service area.
- Determine if an existing EWUA water main abuts your property, or if a main extension is required.
- Secure an EWUA membership.
- Request a “Hook Up”, and go through the hydraulic evaluation process to properly size and plan your service. (Hook up fee is due at this stage.)
- EWUA staff complete the hook up and have a contractor bring your new water line to your development.
Why does San Juan County require new development in the EWUA service area to connect to EWUA?
What are the sources of EWUA's water?
Does EWUA add fluoride to the water supply?
Why does EWUA add chlorine to the water?
How can I remove the chlorine in the water?
Is EWUA’s water hard or soft?
Can I receive my bill by email?
Can I pay my bill over the phone?
How often will I receive a bill and when is it due?
- Non-Residential Members (Commercial Accounts) are Billed Monthly
Typical Billing Schedule
- June 20 — Meters read
- June 30 — Bill sent to members
- July 20 — Payment due for June bill
Residential and Multi-Unit Members are Billed Quarterly
- Accounts Beginning with 01, 02, 03 — Billed Feb 28, May 30, Aug 30, Nov 30
- Accounts Beginning with 04, 05, 06 — Billed Jan 30, April 30, July 30, Oct 30
- Accounts Beginning with 07, 08, 09 —Billed March 30, June 30, Sept 30, Dec 30.
- Payment due 20th of the month. (Example: Payment of May 30 bill is due June 20)
What payment options are available?
EWUA accepts cash, checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks at our office. The office also has a secure mail slot in the front door.
EWUA also has a “Payment Drop Box” at the Office Cupboard in the Eastsound Post Office Building on A Street. (We recommend you do not place cash in the drop box.)
EWUA offers “ACH BANK DRAFT”, through which we will draft your payment from a bank account AFTER sending you an invoice. No member action is required. (Download an ACH Registration Form.)
EWUA also accepts credit cards via our website. The credit card processing system charges 3% (with a $3.25 min.) for their service. Go to our Billing & Payments payment page for more information.
What is a normal water bill?
Can you bill my renter?
What do I do if I have a large bill?
How do I shut off my water meter?
Where can I change by billing address?
If my account is delinquent, what notice will I get before my service is shut off?
EWUA members can avoid shut off and late fees by contacting our staff and arranging a payment plan if needed.
What leak repairs are the responsibility of EWUA and what leaks are the responsibility of the member?
Is EWUA a government agency?
Where and when are EWUA board meetings and are they open to the public?
Where is the EWUA office located?
Eastsound WA 98245
See map in the footer below for directions.